Route Package Protection
Said Beautifully is laser-focused on an excellent customer service experience for every person who spends their hard-earned money with us! One of the ways we do this is by automatically covering every purchase with Route Package Protection.
Route supplies tracking information and covers most instances of loss, damage or theft involving items purchased from Said Beautifully. Here are their policies so that you can see the value provided and understand their claim process:
LOST ITEMS POLICIES
Packages presumed to be lost
Invalid address or delivery barriers
- Sometimes carriers cannot deliver the customer’s package due to an invalid address or other unexpected delivery barriers. At this point, the carrier might return the package to Said Beautifully. The customer’s package is not actually lost, thus Route does not cover this.
Only part of the order delivered
- If the customer ordered several items in one package but only part of the order arrived and there is no evidence of tampering, Route does not cover the order issue. The customer will be referred back to Said Beautifully for support.
- If a single order is being shipped in multiple packages and one package does not arrive, Route will cover the order issue and reorder or refund the value of the undelivered package.
- If Said Beautifully neglects to ship an item from the customer’s order, the customer needs to reach out to Said Beautifully to have the missing items fulfilled.
Packages labeled "return to sender"
Route does not cover packages labeled return to sender because the order has been sent back to Said Beautifully. Items are returned to sender when a customer provides an invalid or undeliverable address or refuses a delivery. Please note that in the case of a refused delivery, should the customer wish to have it redelivered, additional shipping charges will apply. If a customer refuses delivery and does not request it to be re-delivered, it is NOT eligible for a refund from Said Beautifully as customized items are not refundable or returnable.
At their discretion, Route may cover the order issued if the returned item is customized.*
- Route covers the customer’s order if the package gets lost in-transit back to the sender.*
*Please note: Route Package Protection timeframes for filing apply.
Order issue filed too soon
- If the customer is filing an order issued the same day that the package was marked as delivered, at their discretion, Route may ask you to wait 5 business days. Carriers (FedEx, USPS, UPS, DHL, etc.) sometimes prematurely mark the package as delivered when it’s still in transit.
STOLEN ITEMS POLICIES
Delivered but missing package
At its discretion, Route requires a police report when the customer’s package is marked as delivered.
- Customer files the police report and includes an explanation that Route is a package protection company that has protected the customer’s package that has been stolen. To process the order issue with Route, Route is requiring a police report.
- Send Route the police report PDF & number in the order issue.
Upon request, Route can require additional documentation (e.g. proof of identity, address, etc.).
Note: Depending upon the jurisdiction, a false police report may be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony
**Order issues for packages marked "delivered" yet not received are considered by Route as stolen and must be filed 5 days after “delivery date” but no longer than 15 days to ensure it was not misdelivered or easily found around the premises.
Filing a police report
On orders over $100, Route requires evidence of the police report
Customer files the police report and includes an explanation that Route is a package protection company that has protected the customer’s package that has been stolen. To process the order issue with Route, Route is requiring a police report. Once filed, the customer sends Route the police report PDF & number in the order issue.
- Upon request, Route can require additional documentation (e.g. proof of identity, address, notary, etc.).
Delivered to wrong address
- If the customer input the correct address at checkout and the package was delivered to the wrong address, Route considers this as stolen and will replace the order on behalf of the customer.
DAMAGED ITEMS POLICIES
If the customer received a broken item and needs to dispose of it (i.e. shattered glass), the customer needs to check their city ordinances and dispose of it properly.
- The customer does not need to ship it back to Said Beautifully (unless we have specifically indicated otherwise).
A damaged item is considered to be a broken product that is unusable, clearly fractured, shattered, bent (if not bendable), crushed, etc.
Route does not cover cosmetic damage (scratches, dents, etc.), manufacturing damages, packaging errors, or unsealed items. At their discretion, Route may offer a 15-30% refund depending on the severity of the cosmetic damage.
- Route requires further evidence of the customer’s damaged item (i.e. more photos, videos, etc.).
- Route cannot reorder customized items that were manually input by Said Beautifully for the customer because of the additional liability of ordering the customer’s custom item incorrectly. Route can offer a refund instead. This does not apply to products which are ordered by the customer directly from www.saidbeautifully.com.
GENERAL POLICIES - PLEASE READ FOR LIMITATIONS
Input wrong address
If the customer entered the wrong address at the time of order, Route does not cover this.
- The customer needs to reach out to Said Beautifully to remedy the incorrect address. As long as the order has not been packed and labeled for shipping, we will try to correct it Retrieving and re-sending a package for which an incorrect address was supplied will incur additional shipping charges.
If the customer is unsatisfied with their product, it must be understood that Route is not a product replacement plan and the order issue cannot be approved.
- The customer must reach out to Said Beautifully with any quality issues. This request may be covered under our return policy. If the customer provided misspelled customization text, there unfortunately, is no remedy as products are produced exactly as the customer supplied inputs dictate. Said Beautifully may offer a discounted replacement item to the customer at their discretion in this case.
Too late to file
Route can action an order issue that is filed within the bounds of our timeline policy. If an order issue is filed outside of this timeline, Route will deny the order issue according to these policies:
- Order issues for packages marked "delivered" yet not received and where there is no evidence of “porch piracy” must be made 5 days after “delivery date” but no longer than 15 days to ensure it was not misdelivered or easily found around the premises."
- Order issues for packages presumed to be lost by the carrier (where the status is not "delivered") must be filed no sooner than 7 days after the scheduled delivery date for United States domestic shipments and within 30 days from the last checkpoint.
Expedited shipping hasn't arrived
- If the customer’s package is delayed for whatever reason, Route will not cover it.
Carriers update their website with expected delays due to inclement weather or other barriers to expected delivery.
- If the customer paid for expedited shipping but the package arrives outside of the expected window, Route will not cover it.
Payment installment companies
- Although Said Beautifully does not presently offer installment payment options, there are specific Route policies that would be in effect should that change.
For payment installments (Sezzle, Afterpay, etc.), it is the customer’s responsibility to pay the payment installment company directly.
- Once Route refunds the customer for their order, the customer must continue to pay their installments to the payment installment company directly.
No tracking information
- Route reserves the right to deny order issues where no tracking number/information is available. In these instances, Route will cordinate with Said Beautifully to see if one can be provided.
Package in Pre-Shipment
- Route reserves the right to deny order issues where package tracking is marked as "pre-shipment".
Closed Order Issues
- If a customer does not respond within 5 days, Route will automatically close the order issues. Customers can open the order issues back up by responding to the original thread.